turkey burgers with caper aioli

turkey burgers with caper aioli | a nutritionist eats
I’m not normally a turkey burger person. But this one, served with a bright aioli, is good. And it’s healthy. And it’s still January, so everyone wants “light/lean/skinny/healthy/paleo” recipes. So here we are. First a salad and now a turkey burger. Could I be anymore predictable? Sigh.

 
How did I – the self-proclaimed non-turkey burger fan – make a turkey burger? Well, towards the end of 2013, I bought three calendars. One was a standard daily calendar so I don’t forget important things, the second was the One-Sentence Journal (which I’m loving!) and the third was a Cooking Light Recipe Calendar that I keep at work so I can be surrounded by food inspiration everywhere I go!
So far, and we’re only a few weeks into 2014, I’ve made two recipes from the calendar, one of which inspired this burger. I must say, it’s been really fun to have a reminder to try out new recipes on a daily basis. And now I’ve made chicken and turkey burgers twice in a matter of weeks. WHAT?!
turkey burgers with caper aioli | a nutritionist eats
When I started thinking about this turkey burger, I knew I wanted it healthy (light), so I kept the ingredients simple and used shallots and capers to pack the burger with flavor without adding many calories. The aioli is the perfect topping, and in my opinion, necessary for a “lean” burger. Bonus: when you use light mayonnaise – it barely adds any calories!
Another bonus? These turkey burgers have great nutrition stats: 260 calories, 15 grams fat, 3.8 grams carbohydrates and 28 grams protein. (Nutrition stats are for one turkey burger + aioli.)
Serve on a bun with lettuce and tomato or use a bibb lettuce leaf instead of the bun for a gluten-free/paleo/low-carb meal.
Turkey Burger with Caper Aioli

by Emily Dingmann
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: grill entree turkey
Ingredients (4 servings)
For the Aioli
  • 4 Tbsp light mayonnaise
  • 2 Tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 Tbsp capers, chopped
  • 1 clove crushed garlic
  • 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
  • salt & pepper
For the Burgers
  • 20 oz lean (93%) ground turkey
  • 1/4 cup chopped shallot (about 1 small shallot)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 Tbsp capers, chopped
  • salt & pepper
  • optional: hamburger buns, lettuce, tomato
Instructions
For the Aioli
Combine all ingredients in small bowl.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
For the Burgers
Combine all ingredients and mix until just combined.
Form into four burgers.
Heat grill or pan over medium heat.
Cook for about five minutes per side, or until cooked through.

Source : http://www.anutritionisteats.com/turkey-burgers-caper-aioli/

No comments:

Post a Comment