Skinny Orange Creamsicle Smoothie

A skinny (and healthy) orange creamsicle smoothie which also tastes like a lighter version of the famous Orange Julius!
A skinny orange creamsicle smoothie which also tastes like a lighter version of the famous Orange Julius!
If you are looking for a light and citrus-y smoothie that tastes like a thick orange creamsicle, you’ve come to the right place.
Bonus that it takes about five minutes to make.

When I first started experimenting with this smoothie I wanted to have the flavor and taste of an orange creamsicle without all of the calories. Not only did my experiments exceed my expectation, but the smoothie ended up also tasting like an Orange Julius. Skinny style.
A skinny orange creamsicle smoothie which also tastes like a lighter version of the famous Orange Julius!
Both tastes I was on board with.
In fact, so was the babe. And even the husband. I barely even had a sip because they both were inhaling it!
The “secret” ingredient that really gives this smoothie the orange creamsicle flavor is the yogurt I used. Yoplait sells an “orange creamsicle” yogurt flavor. I was so intrigued I bought a few. I like them okay plain, but added to a smoothie they are magic! The yogurt makes this smoothie creamy, amps up the flavor, and adds some good protein to the drink. Plus, their is a light version with only 90 calories. The other ingredient that makes these really creamy is the frozen banana. I generally use a frozen banana in my smoothies to increase the creaminess. Plus I find it just helps everything blend together better.
If you aren’t a huge fan of vanilla extract you can leave it out or scale down the amount. I’ve made the smoothie with less vanilla and it still tastes great. I like the extra amount because it tastes more like an orange julius to me. Mmmm.
Enjoy!
IMG_7244_edited-1


Source : http://www.chelseasmessyapron.com/skinny-orange-creamsicle-smoothie/#_a5y_p=1877613

No comments:

Post a Comment